The Dow Jones Industrial Average index gained 0.36% to 19,191.93 almost 40 points above than the previous record set November 25. But the Nasdaq Composite slipped 1.4% to 5,251.11, and the broad-based S&P 500 shed 0.4% to 2,191.08.
The dollar sagged against its peers early on Friday as investors were cautious ahead of a looming US jobs report that could set the tone in coming days.
US crude, which climbed 13% on Wednesday and Thursday combined, extended the gains to Friday, climbing 0.2% to USD51.17. It is on track for an increase of 11.1% this week.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.