At least 2 blasts were reported in the city of Hyderabad with 16th people feared dead in the explosions.
Initial reports state the blasts took place at Dilsukh Naga near Konark and Venkatadri movie theater at around 7pm.
Over 50 people have been injured.
The injured have been rushed to nearby hospitals.
Two cycles were used to cause the blasts, according to reports.
Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy visited the spot.
“It appears to be a terrorist attack, though we have not yet got full information of the incident, ” DGP V. Dinesh Reddy reported.
Intelligence agencies had reportedly not picked up any alerts of a possible attack in Hyderabad.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.