Over the FDI issue, the government held an all-party meeting to find a way out amid Opposition demand for a discussion on it under a rule which entail voting.
Reports stated that the government has maintained that it is ready to discuss the FDI in retail issue but does not want it to be put to vote.
The meeting was chaired by Leader of the Lok Sabha Sushil Kumar Shinde and attended by Finance Minister P Chidambaram, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath, Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma and Agriculture Minister and NCP chief Sharad Pawar, report said.
There are reports that Union Ministers have also been in touch with BSP leadership on the issue.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.