Vishnu R. Dusad, Founder, CEO and MD, Nucleus Software Exports Limited

“The company announced that its continued focus on strategic investments in R&D and product innovation will remain to be one of its top priorities in the coming quarters.“

Aug 09, 2014 04:08 IST India Infoline News Service

Vishnu R. Dusad, Founder, CEO and Managing Director, Nucleus Software Exports Limited is an IIT Delhi graduate. He is passionately focused on creating world-class intellectual property for a global market.  Vishnu R. Dusad’s vision is to make Nucleus Software a customer-oriented global organization committed to the highest level of quality for its products and services. Vishnu R. Dusad is a member of various government, industry bodies, and academia and has been proactively involved in talks on various industry issues and initiatives. He is Co-Chair of FICCI Indo-Australian Joint Business Committee and executive Committee member of Indo Japan Partnership forum.Over the last 27 years, his experience encompasses areas of product development, creation of strategic alliances, business development and strategic planning


Nucleus Software Exports is a leading software powerhouse providing innovative and pioneering software solutions for Banks and Financial organizations globally. Nucleus Software offers a host of competitive IT solutions and consultancy services designed to support the whole spectrum of business offerings across retail banking, corporate banking, cash management and internet banking. With over 150 customers across the globe, the company is consistently innovating cutting edge and industry driven products in the domain.


Speaking with Yash Ved of IIFL, Vishnu R. Dusad says “The company announced that its continued focus on strategic investments in R&D and product innovation will remain to be one of its top priorities in the coming quarters.“


How was the quarter as a whole?

This quarter has fared reasonable well as company maintained topline growth.


Building on our strong product innovation and R&D capabilities, we recently launched FinnOne Neo, a suite specifically designed to manage end-to-end lending requirements of the banking and financial services industry. We believe that with this introduction, we will further strengthen our global leadership position.


We are committed towards providing our existing and potential customers with competitive and cutting-edge products and will continue to focus on investments in product innovation and business expansion.


What is your outlook for the coming quarters?

The company has also announced that its continued focus on strategic investments in R&D and product innovation will remain to be one of its top priorities in the coming quarters.


With the launch of its robust lending suite- FinnOne Neo, Nucleus Software continues the focus to re-energize the existing product portfolio.


Our another priority focus will be to enhance product portfolio and expanding newer geographies.We are planning to expand new regions such as Europe, America and Australian market.


Comment on your Capex plans?

We are planning to invest Rs30 core on our product development and on our R&D.


Our Capex for the quarter stood at Rs10 crore for FY15.


Brief us about your Financials?

The company reported its results for the quarter ending June 30, 2014. Consolidated revenue for the first quarter of FY 15 is at Rs. 79.43 crore in comparison to Rs. 86.32 crore in the corresponding quarter previous year.


Product business revenue for the quarter was at Rs. 56.39 crore in comparison to Rs. 62.47 crore in the corresponding Q1 of the previous year


EBITDA for the quarter stood at Rs. 10.13 crore in comparison to Rs. 14.22 crore in the corresponding Q1 of the previous year


Net Profit after Tax (PAT) stood at Rs. 11.65 crore in comparison to Rs. 11.17 crore in the corresponding Q1 of the previous year.


Earnings Per share (EPS) for the quarter is at Rs. 3.60 in comparison to Rs. 3.45 in the corresponding Q1 of the previous year


Brief us about your business highlights for the quarter?

In Q1 FY 2015, Nucleus Software successfully completed a total of 07 product module implementations across Middle East, India and Japan.


What was the Cash and cash equivalents during the quarter?

Cash and cash equivalents, including investments in debt schemes of mutual funds, fixed deposits with banks and tax free PSU bonds are at Rs. 319.63 crore as on 30th June, 2014


What is your revenue mix?

About 83% of our revenue comes from international business and remaining 17% from domestic business.


What is your current employee strength?

The global strength of employees at Nucleus Software as on 30th June, 2014 stands at 1488.

Related Story