Channel Nine Entertainment Ltd Auditors Report.
M/S CHANNEL NINE ENTERTAINMENT LIMITED
Report on the Financial Statements
We have audited the accompanying financial statements of CHANNEL NINE ENTERTAINMENT LIMITED (CIN: L92132DL2002PLC116330) ("the company"),which comprise the Balance Sheet as at 31 March 2015, the Statement of Profit and Loss, the Cash Flow Statement for the year then ended, and a summary of significant accounting policies and other explanatory information.
Managements Responsibility for the Financial Statements
The Companys Board of Directors is responsible for the matters in section 134(5) of the Companies Act, 2013 ("the Act") with respect to the preparation of these financial statements that give a true and fair view of the financial position, financial performance and cash flows of the Company in accordance with the accounting principles generally accepted in India, including the Accounting Standards specified under Section 133 of the Act, read with Rule 7 of the Companies (Accounts) Rules, 2014. This responsibility also includes the maintenance of adequate accounting records in accordance with the provision of the Act for safeguarding of the assets of the Company and for preventing and detecting the frauds and other irregularities; selection and application of appropriate accounting policies; making judgments and estimates that are reasonable and prudent; and design, implementation and maintenance of internal financial control, that were operating effectively for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the accounting records, relevant to the preparation and presentation of the financial statements that give a true and fair view and are free from material misstatement, whether due to fraud or error.
Our responsibility is to express an opinion on these financial statements based on our audit. We have taken into account the provisions of the Act, the accounting and auditing standards and matters which are required to be included in the audit report under the provisions of the Act and the Rules made there under.
We conducted our audit in accordance with the Standards on Auditing specified under section 143(10) of the Act. Those Standards require that we comply with ethical requirements and plan and perform the audit to obtain reasonable assurance about whether the financial statements are free from material misstatement.
An audit involves performing procedures to obtain audit evidence about the amounts and disclosures in the financial statements. The procedures selected depend on the auditors judgment, including the assessment of the risks of material misstatement of the financial statements, whether due to fraud or error. In making those risk assessments, the auditor considers internal financial control relevant to the Companys preparation of the financial statements that give true and fair view in order to design audit procedures that are appropriate in the circumstances. An audit also includes evaluating the appropriateness of accounting policies used and the reasonableness of the accounting estimates made by Companys Directors, as well as evaluating the overall presentation of the financial statements.
We believe that the audit evidence we have obtained is sufficient and appropriate to provide a basis for our audit opinion on the financial statements.
In our opinion and to the best of our information and according to the explanations given to us, the aforesaid financial statements, give the information required by the Act in the manner so required and give a true and fair view in conformity with the accounting principles generally accepted in India;
a) In the case of the Balance Sheet, of the state of affairs of the Company as at March 31, 2016;
b) In the case of the Statement of Profit and Loss, of the profit for the year ended on that date; and
c) In the case of the Cash Flow Statement, of the cash flows for the year ended on that date.
Report on other Legal and Regulatory Requirements
1. As required by the Companies (Auditors Report) Order, 2015 ("the Order"), issued by the Central Government of India in terms of sub-section (11) of section 143 of the Companies Act, 2015, we give in the Annexure a statement on the matters specified in paragraphs 3 and 4 of the Order, to the extent applicable.
2. As required by section 143(3) of the Act, we report that:
a) We have sought and obtained all the information and explanations which to the best of our knowledge and belief were necessary for the purposes of our audit.
b) In our opinion proper books of account as required by law have been kept by the Company so far as appears from our examination of those books.
c) Company does not have any branch office accordingly reports on the accounts of the branch offices of the Company audited under Section 143(8) of the Act are not applicable.
d) The Balance Sheet, the Statement of Profit and Loss, and Cash Flow Statement dealt with by this Report are in agreement with the books of account.
e) In our opinion, the aforesaid financial statements comply with the Accounting Standards specified under Section 133 of the Act, read with Rule 7 of the Companies (Accounts) Rules, 2014.
f) On the basis of written representations received from the directors as on 31 March, 2016, taken on record by the Board of Directors, none of the directors is disqualified as on 31 March, 2016, from being appointed as a director in terms of Section 164(2) of the Act.
For M/s. Ranjan Gupta & Co
Mr. CA.Ranjan Gupta
Membership No. 082408
Place: New Delhi
Annexure to the Auditors Report
Companies (Auditors Report) Order, 2015 ("the Order")
The Annexure referred to in our report to the members of CHANNEL NINE ENTERTAINMENT LIMITED for the year Ended on 31st March 2015. We report that:
1. (a) Company is maintaining proper records showing full particulars, including quantitative details and situation of fixed assets;
(b) As explained to us, the management has physically verified the fixed assets during the year and there is a regular programme of verification which, in our opinion, is reasonable having regards to the size of the company and the nature of the assets. No discrepancies were noticed on such verification.
2. (a) Company does not have any inventory at the end of the year.
(b) In view of our comment in paragraph (a) above, clause (ii) (a) (b) and (c) of paragraph 2 of the aforesaid order are not applicable to the company.
3. (a) Company has not granted any loans, secured or unsecured to companies, firms or other parties covered in the register maintained under section 189 of the Companies Act.
(b) in view of our comment in paragraph (a) above, clause (iii) (a) and (b) of paragraph 3 of the aforesaid order are not applicable to the company.
4. In our opinion and according to the information and explanation given to us, there are adequate internal control systems commensurate with the size of the company and the nature of its business, for the purchase of inventory and fixed assets and for the sale of goods and services. During the course of our audit, we have not observed any continuing failure to correct major weakness in internal control system.
5. Company has not accepted deposits from public. Hence provisions of sections 73 to 76 or any other relevant provisions of the Companies Act and the rules framed there under, do not apply to this company.
6. The Central Government has not prescribed the maintenance of cost records under sub-section (1) of section 148 of the Companies Act for any of the products manufactured/services rendered by the Company.
7. (a) According to the information and explanations given to us and on the basis of our examination of the records of the Company, amounts deducted/accrued in the books of account in respect of undisputed statutory dues have been regularly deposited during the year by the Company with the appropriate authorities. As explained to us, the Company did not have any dues on account of Wealth tax, Sales tax, Excise Duty, Cess, Employees State Insurance and Investor Education and Protection Fund.
(b) According to the information and explanations given to us, no undisputed amounts payable in respect of Income Tax and other material statutory dues were in arrears as at 31 March 2015 for a period of more than six months from the date they became payable.
(c) According to the records of the Company, there were no amount which were required to be transferred to investor education and protection fund. Therefore, the provision of clause 3 (viii)
(c) of the Companies (Auditors Report) Order, 2015 are not applicable to the Company.
8. The company does not have accumulated losses at the end of the financial year. The company has not incurred cash losses in such financial year and in the immediately preceding financial year.
9. In our opinion and according to the information and explanation given to us, the company has not take any loan from financial institution and bank hence clause 9 of the CARO 2015 is not applicable.
10. The Company has not given any guarantee for the loans taken by others from bank & financial Institutions.
11. In Our Opinion and according to the information and explanations given to us, the Company has not acquired any term loan.
12. Based upon the audit procedures performed and according to the information and explanations given to us, we report that no fraud on or by the Company has been noticed or reported during the year.
For M/s. Ranjan Gupta & Co
Mr. CA.Ranjan Gupta
Membership No. 082408
Place: New Delhi