Yes you can. You have to pledge shares to avail margin benefits. Below is the process/steps to be followed for Margin Pledge
1. Login to your TT web and go to Holdings.
2. Click on “Pledge Securities” button to open the Pledging page.
3. Select the DEMAT account (NSDL/CDSL) from which you want to submit your pledge request.
4. Once you click on “Create pledge to IIFL”, a pop up will appear and you will be redirected to the depository website.
5. You need to verify the details of the securities that you want to pledge and select the respective ISIN name
6. Once the details are verified, you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number, verify and click on “Submit” to submit your pledge request.
7. You will receive a confirmation message from depository that your request has been submitted.
8. On the trading platform, you will receive Success pop up stating that the margin would be added into your account as soon as the request is confirmed by depository. You can instantly start trading with the added margin.
The margin will get updated in real time and you can instantly see the margin in your Margin Report under “Adjusted Holdings Value (AHV)”. However, sometimes it may take up to 15 minutes to update after confirmation from depository.
In case the margin does not get updated, you can view the status of the pledge request under “Order Status” tab.
Re-pledge can be initiated on the next working day post pledging the securities.