Indian Merchants’ Chamber organized its 105th Annual General Meeting here today at IMC. Uday Kotak, Executive Vice President and Managing Director, Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. was the Chief Guest at the AGM. “We have seen many financial ups and downs since the last 20 years after the opening up of the Indian economy and now we are at the cross roads,” said Kotak who spoke on the topic, ‘India at the Crossroads’ at the AGM.
Kotak mentioned the following five important issues that India needs to focus on and attain in order to sustain economic growth and stability.
- Transparency in our operating system
- Value system in important issues
- Civil society initiative
- Politics of idealism and transformational change
He also emphasized the importance of having a decisive Government post the 2014 elections and not mixing up business with politics.
In his welcome address, Niranjan Hiranandani, President, IMC, described Kotak as a man of great prudence, simplicity and humility. Hiranandani also listed a series of initiatives by way of Conferences, Seminars, Business Delegations, etc. during tenure as the IMC President.
Shailesh Vaidya, President-Elect, IMC proposed the vote of thanks and said that his theme for the year, “Sustainable Development” would be a logical continuation of that of his predecessor.
- Expectation, Highlights and Live Updates on Budget 2016.
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.