|Expiry Date :||30-Jun-2020|
|Last Traded Price :||135.30|
|Previous Close :||133.80|
|Chg (%) :||1.12|
|Value (Rs) :||1,288,620,000.00|
|Open Interest :||838.00|
|Last Traded Date :||05-Jun-2020|
|Price Diff(Change) :||1.50|
|Volume (Nos) :||1,909.00|
MCX Fullform & History
The country’s first listed exchange, Multi Commodity Exchange of India Limited (MCX), started operations in November 2003. The commodities derivatives exchange has grown by leaps and bounds since then and today boasts of 669 registered members and 51,575 Authorized Persons spread over 1,200 cities and towns in India (as on December 31, 2017).
What is MCX?
MCX provides a platform for online trading, clearing and settlement of commodity derivatives transactions. It facilitates trading across a range of segments, including bullion, industrial metals, energy and agricultural commodities. Among bullions, the different types of commodities traded are: gold mini, gold guinea, gold petal, silver mini, silver micro, besides others. Similarly, for the base metals category, the different types of commodities traded are: aluminium, aluminium mini, copper, copper mini, lead, nickel, zinc and so on. For the energy category MCX offers trading in crude oil, Brent crude oil and natural gas, and for agricultural commodities, it offers trading in cardamom, cotton, crude palm oil and others.
MCX’s strength can be gauged from the fact that it has a market share of 89.1% in terms of the value of commodity derivatives contracts traded in Q3FY18. It added another chapter to its list of accolades after it started the first brass contract in international and domestic market in March this year.
MCX constantly strides to integrate operations with the global commodities ecosystem. In a bid to achieve this balance, MCX has joined hands with leading international exchanges such as London Metal Exchange (LME), CME Group, Dalian Commodity Exchange (DCE) and Taiwan Futures Exchange (TAIFEX). The exchange has also formed strategic alliances with prominent trade bodies, educational institutions, corporates and R&D centres across the country. MCX aims to better trade practices and ensure overall seamless operations in the commodity market. The focus is to provide all trade participants with objective, secure and transparent trade mechanisms. MCX also aims to formulate trade regulations in accordance with the framework provided by the regulatory body.
More about MCX
Further, MCX excels at application of technology in business development. The technology infrastructure of the exchange is robust and is constantly upgraded. This ensures that order routing takes place fast and in an efficient manner, the execution of the trade is quick and operations such as real-time risk management, market surveillance and market data distribution are conducted seamlessly.
MCX is also committed to play a vital role in community awareness. It works with partners to achieve the goal of inclusive growth. One such initiative is its social inclusion program i.e. Gramin Suvidha Kendra, formed in collaboration with the Indian Post to get the farmers better realizations from agricultural activities.
India Infoline News Service / 11:01, Jun 02, 2020
Tata Power has now become the largest stakeholder with a 51% stake, while state-owned GRIDCO will have the remaining 49% stake.
Learn about Demat & Trading Account
- About Demat Account
- Aims and Objectives of Demat Account
- How Does Demat Account Work?
- Demat Account Opening Charges
- How to open a Demat Account?
- Documents Required to open a Demat Account
- Difference Between Demat and Trading Account
- Dematerialization & It's Process