The protesting pensioners said the disbursal of Rs. 2 lakh to the husband and the wife by the insurance company once in four years towards medical expenses should be increased to Rs. 4 lakh. The amount to be disbursed by the insurance companies to the hospitals should be made on the admission of the patients to the hospital.
Instead of authorizing a few hospitals for giving medical treatment to the patients under the health insurance scheme, the patients should be allowed to get treatment in all hospitals, which will ensure timely medical assistance to the beneficiary.
The discharge summary should be attached with a detailed report on the cost of the treatment given at every stage during the stay at hospital.
The entire amount of Rs. 40,000 being spent for cataract surgery should be reimbursed, the protestors said.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.