The pan-European Stoxx 600 was up by around 0.41% shortly after the opening bell, with almost all sectors and major bourses in positive territory. FTSE rose 0.48% at 7,250, CAC also increased 0.28% at 5,228. DAX surged 0.6% at 12,593.
After a dip in risk appetite towards the end of last week, Asian shares bounced back to hit decade highs on Monday, with South Korea's benchmark leading the gains, brushing aside concerns of escalating tensions in the Korean Peninsula.
Meantime, the main event for markets this week is likely to be the Federal Reserve's monetary policy meeting on Tuesday and Wednesday. The US central bank is seen as likely to take another step towards normalisation. In recent months, Canada has raised interest rates twice while Britain's central bank shocked many on Thursday when it signalled its own coming increases.
Disclaimer: The contents herein is specifically prepared by ‘Dalal Street Investment Journal’, and is for your information & personal consumption only. India Infoline Limited or Dalal Street Investment Journal do not guarantee the accuracy, correctness, completeness or reliability of information contained herein and shall not be held responsible.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.