Rosneft bought a 49% stake in Essar Oil's refinery port and petrol pumps, while Netherlands-based Trafigura Group Pte and Russian investment fund United Capital Partners split another 49% equity equally. The remaining 2% is held by minority shareholders after delisting of Essar Oil.
Essar Oil said it has signed two agreements for the sale.
The deal would help the Essar Group, one of India's largest and most indebted conglomerates, trim its about Rs 88,000 crore (over $13 billion) debt and ward off creditor pressure.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.