Today's Top Gainer
Note:Top Gainer - Nifty 50 More
Report on the Internal Financial Controls under Clause
(i) of Sub-section 3 of Section 143 of the Act
1. We have audited the internal financial controls over financial reporting of Gateway Distriparks Limited ("the Company") as of March 31, 2017 in conjunction with our audit of the standalone financial statements of the Company for the year ended on that date.
Managements Responsibility for Internal Financial Controls
2. The Companys management is responsible for establishing and maintaining internal financial controls based on the internal control over financial reporting criteria established by the Company considering the essential components of internal control stated in the Guidance Note on Audit of Internal Financial Controls Over Financial Reporting issued by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). These responsibilities include the design, implementation and maintenance of adequate internal financial controls that were operating effectively for ensuring the orderly and efficient conduct of its business, including adherence to companys policies, the safeguarding of its assets, the prevention and detection of frauds and errors, the accuracy and completeness of the accounting records, and the timely preparation of reliable financial information, as required under the Act.
3. Our responsibility is to express an opinion on the Companys internal financial controls over financial reporting based on our audit. We conducted our audit in accordance with the Guidance Note on Audit of Internal Financial Controls Over Financial Reporting (the "Guidance Note") and the Standards on Auditing deemed to be prescribed under section 143(10) of the Act to the extent applicable to an audit of internal financial controls, both applicable to an audit of internal financial controls and both issued by the ICAI. Those Standards and the Guidance Note require that we comply with ethical requirements and plan and perform the audit to obtain reasonable assurance about whether adequate internal financial controls over financial reporting was established and maintained and if such controls operated effectively in all material respects.
4. Our audit involves performing procedures to obtain audit evidence about the adequacy of the internal financial controls system over financial reporting and their operating effectiveness. Our audit of internal financial controls over financial reporting included obtaining an understanding of internal financial controls over financial reporting, assessing the risk that a material weakness exists, and testing and evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of internal control based on the assessed risk. The procedures selected depend on the auditors judgement, including the assessment of the risks of material misstatement of the financial statements, whether due to fraud or error.
5. We believe that the audit evidence we have obtained is sufficient and appropriate to provide a basis for our audit opinion on the Companys internal financial controls system over financial reporting.
Meaning of Internal Financial Controls Over Financial Reporting
6. A companys internal financial control over financial reporting is a process designed to provide reasonable assurance regarding the reliability of financial reporting and the preparation of financial statements for external purposes in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. A companys internal financial control over financial reporting includes those policies and procedures that (1) pertain to the maintenance of records that, in reasonable detail, accurately and fairly reflect the transactions and dispositions of the assets of the company; (2) provide reasonable assurance that transactions are recorded as necessary to permit preparation of financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, and that receipts and expenditures of the company are being made only in accordance with authorisations of management and directors of the company; and (3) provide reasonable assurance regarding prevention or timely detection of unauthorised acquisition, use, or disposition of the companys assets that could have a material effect on the financial statements.
Inherent Limitations of Internal Financial Controls Over Financial Reporting
7. Because of the inherent limitations of internal financial controls over financial reporting, including the possibility of collusion or improper management override of controls, material misstatements due to error or fraud may occur and not be detected. Also, projections of any evaluation of the internal financial controls over financial reporting to future periods are subject to the risk that the internal financial control over financial reporting may become inadequate because of changes in conditions, or that the degree of compliance with the policies or procedures may deteriorate.
8. In our opinion, the Company has, in all material respects, an adequate internal financial controls system over financial reporting and such internal financial controls over financial reporting were operating effectively as at March 31, 2017, based on the internal control over financial reporting criteria established by the Company considering the essential components of internal control stated in the Guidance Note on Audit of Internal Financial Controls Over Financial Reporting issued by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
For Price Waterhouse
Firm Registration Number: 301112E Chartered Accountants
|May 18, 2017||Membership Number: 55913|
Annexure B to Independent Auditors Report
Referred to in paragraph 10 of the Independent Auditors Report of even date to the members of Gateway Distriparks Limited on the standalone financial statements as of and for the year ended March 31, 2017
i. (a) The Company is maintaining proper records showing full particulars, including quantitative details and situation, of fixed assets.
(b) The fixed assets of the Company have been physically verified by the Management during the year and no material discrepancies have been noticed on such verification. In our opinion, the frequency of verification is reasonable.
(c) The title deeds of immovable properties, as disclosed in Note 3 on Property, plant and equipment to the standalone financial statements, are held in the name of the Company, except for freehold land having a carrying value of Rs. 110.17 lakhs as at March 31, 2017.
ii. The Company is in the business of rendering services, and consequently, does not hold any inventory. Therefore, the provisions of Clause 3(ii) of the said Order are not applicable to the Company.
iii. The Company has not granted any loans, secured or unsecured, to companies, firms, Limited Liability Partnerships or other parties covered in the register maintained under Section 189 of the Act. Therefore, the provisions of Clause 3(iii), (iii)(a), (iii)(b) and (iii)(c) of the said Order are not applicable to the Company.
iv. In our opinion, and according to the information and explanations given to us, the Company has complied with the provisions of Section 185 and 186 of the Companies Act, 2013 in respect of the investments made and guarantees provided by it. The Company has not granted any loans or provided any security to the parties covered under Section 185 and 186.
v. The Company has not accepted any deposits from the public within the meaning of Sections 73, 74, 75 and 76 of the Act and the Rules framed there under to the extent notified.
vi. The Central Government of India has not specified the maintenance of cost records under sub-section (1) of Section 148 of the Act for any of the products of the Company.
vii. (a) According to the information and explanations given to us and the records of the Company examined by us, in our opinion, the Company is regular in depositing the undisputed statutory dues, including provident fund, employees state insurance, income tax, sales tax, service tax, duty of customs, value added tax, cess and other material statutory dues, as applicable, with the appropriate authorities.
(b) According to the information and explanations given to us and the records of the Company examined by us, there are no dues of sales-tax, duty of customs and value added tax which have not been deposited on account of any dispute. The particulars of dues of income tax and service tax as at March 31, 2017 which have not been deposited on account of a dispute, are as follows:
|Name of the statute||Nature of dues||Amount- (Rs. In Lakhs)||Period to which the amount relates||Forum where the dispute is pending|
|The Finance Act, 1994||Service Tax||90.42||April 1, 2008 to September 30, 2008||Commissioner of Central Excise, Customs and Service Tax|
|The Finance Act, 1994||Service Tax||382.32||2005-2006 to 2011-2012||Custom, Excise and Service Tax Appellate Tribunal|
|The Finance Act, 1994||Service Tax||36.89||2010-2011 to 2014-2015||Commissioner of Service Tax (Appeals) - II|
|Income Tax Act, 1961||Income Tax||1248.69||Assessment Year 2011-2012||Commissioner of Income Tax (Appeals)|
-Net of amount paid under protest excluding interest and penalty
viii. According to the records of the Company examined by us and the information and explanation given to us, the Company has not defaulted in repayment of loans or borrowings to any bank as at the balance sheet date. The Company does not have any loans or borrowings from any financial institution or Government, nor has it issued any debentures as at the balance sheet date.
ix. In our opinion, and according to the information and explanations given to us, the moneys raised by way of term loans have been applied for the purposes for which they were obtained. The Company has not raised any moneys by way of initial public offer or further public offer (including debt instruments).
x. During the course of our examination of the books and records of the Company, carried out in accordance with the generally accepted auditing practices in India, and according to the information and explanations given to us, we have neither come across any instance of material fraud by the Company or on the Company by its officers or employees, noticed or reported during the year, nor have we been informed of any such case by the Management.
xi. The Company has paid/ provided for managerial remuneration in accordance with the requisite approvals mandated by the provisions of Section 197 read with Schedule V to the Act.
xii. As the Company is not a Nidhi Company and the Nidhi Rules, 2014 are not applicable to it, the provisions of Clause 3(xii) of the Order are not applicable to the Company.
xiii. The Company has entered into transactions with related parties in compliance with the provisions of Sections 177 and 188 of the Act. The details of such related party transactions have been disclosed in the standalone financial statements as required under Ind AS 24, Related Party Disclosures specified under Section 133 of the Act, read with Rule 7 of the Companies (Accounts) Rules, 2015.
xiv. The Company has not made any preferential allotment or private placement of shares or fully or partly convertible debentures during the year under review. Accordingly, the provisions of Clause 3(xiv) of the Order are not applicable to the Company.
xv. The Company has not entered into any non cash transactions with its directors or persons connected with him. Accordingly, the provisions of Clause 3(xv) of the Order are not applicable to the Company.
xvi. The Company is not required to be registered under Section 45-IA of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934. Accordingly, the provisions of Clause 3(xvi) of the Order are not applicable to the Company.
For Price Waterhouse
Firm Registration Number: 301112E
Membership Number: 55913
May 18, 2017