Today's Top Gainer
Note:Top Gainer - Nifty 50 More
To the Members of
NATIONAL PLYWOOD INDUSTRIES LIMITED
Report on the Standalone Financial Statements
We have audited the accompanying standalone financial statements of National Plywood Industries Limited ("the Company"), which comprise the Balance Sheet as at 31 st March, 2018, the Statement of Profit and Loss, the Cash Flow Statement for the year then ended, and a summary of the significant accounting policies and other explanatory information.
Managements Responsibility for the Standalone Financial Statements
The Companys Board of Directors is responsible for the matters stated in Section 134(5) of the Companies Act, 2013 ("the Act") with respect to the preparation of these standalone financial statements that give a true and fair view of the financial position, financial performance and cash flows of the Company in accordance with the accounting principles generally accepted in India, including the Accounting Standards specified under Section 133 of the Act, read with Rule 7 of the Companies (Accounts) Rules, 2014. This responsibility also includes maintenance of adequate accounting records in accordance with the provisions of the Act for safeguarding the assets of the Company and for preventing and detecting frauds and other irregularities; selection and application of appropriate accounting policies; making judgments and estimates that are reasonable and prudent; and design, implementation and maintenance of adequate internal financial controls, that were operating effectively for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the accounting records, relevant to the preparation and presentation of the financial statements that give a true and fair view and are free from material misstatement, whether due to fraud or error.
Our responsibility is to express an opinion on these Standalone financial statements based on our audit. We have taken into account the provisions of the Act, the accounting and auditing standards and matters which are required to be included in the Audit Report under the provisions of the Act and the Rules made there under.
We conducted our audit in accordance with the standards on auditing specified under Section 143(10) of the Act. Those standards require that we comply with ethical requirements and plan and perform the audit to obtain reasonable assurance about whether the financial statements are free from material misstatement.
An audit involves performing procedures to obtain audit evidence about the amounts and the disclosures in the financial statements. The procedures selected depend on the auditors judgment, including the assessment of the risks of material misstatement of the financial statements, whether due to fraud or error. In making those risk assessments, the auditor considers internal financial control relevant to the Companys preparation of the financial statements that give a true and fair view in order to design audit procedures that are appropriate in the circumstances, but not for the purpose of expressing an opinion on whether the Company has in place an adequate internal financial controls system over financial reporting and the operating effectiveness of such controls. An audit also includes evaluating the appropriateness of the accounting policies used and the reasonableness of the accounting estimates made by the Companys Directors, as well as evaluating the overall presentation of the financial statements.
We believe that the audit evidence we have obtained is sufficient and appropriate to provide a basis for our audit opinion on the standalone financial statements.
In our opinion and to the best of our information and according to the explanations given to us, the aforesaid standalone financial statements give the information required by the Act in the manner so required and give a true and fair view in conformity with the accounting principles generally accepted in India, of the state of affairs of the Company as at 31st March, 2018, and its profit/loss and its cash flows for the year ended on that date.
Report on Other Legal and Regulatory Requirements
As required by Section 143(3) of the Act, we Report that:
(a) We have sought and obtained all the information and explanations which to the best of our knowledge and belief were necessary for the purposes of our audit.
(b) In our opinion, proper books of account as required by law have been kept by the Company so far as it appears from our examination of those books
(c) The accounts of the branch offices of the Company have been audited by us under Section 143 (8) of the Act and have been properly dealt with by us in preparing this Report.
(d) The Balance Sheet, the Statement of Profit and Loss, and the Cash Flow Statement dealt with by this Report are in agreement with the books of account and with the accounts of the branches
(e) In our opinion, the aforesaid standalone financial statements comply with the
accounting standards specified under Section 133 of the Act, read with Rule 7 of the Companies (Accounts) Rules, 2014.
(f) On the basis of the written representations received from the Directors as on 31st March, 2018, taken on record by the Board of Directors, none of the Directors are disqualified as on 31st March, 2018 from being appointed as a Director in terms of Section 164 (2) of the Act.
(h) With respect to the other matters to be included in the Auditors Report in accordance with Rule 11 of the Companies (Audit and Auditors) Rules, 2014, in our opinion and to the best of our information and according to the explanations given to us:
i. The Company does not have any pending litigations which would impact its financial position.
ii. The Company did not have any longterm contracts including derivative contracts for which there were any material foreseeable losses.
iii. There were no amounts which were required to be transferred to the Investor Education and Protection Fund by the Company.
|For JHUNJHUNWALA & Co.|
|6, Commercial Building|
|23 Netaji Subhas Road, Kolkata-700001|
|Date: 30th May 2018||Membership No. : 006604|
ANNEXURE TO THE AUDITORS REPORT
The Annexure referred to in paragraph 1 of our Report of even date to the members of National Plywood Industries Limited on the accounts of the Company for the year ended 31st March, 2018.
On the basis of such checks as we considered appropriate and according to the information and explanation given to us during the course of our audit, we Report that:
1. (a) The Company has maintained proper
records showing full particulars including quantitative details and situation of its fixed assets.
(b) As explained to us, fixed assets have been physically verified by the Management at reasonable intervals; no material discrepancies were noticed on such verification.
(c) In our opinion and according to the information and explanations given to us, no fixed asset has been disposed during the year and therefore does not affect the going concern assumption.
2. (a) As explained to us, inventories have
been physically verified during the year by the Management at reasonable intervals.
(b) In our opinion and according to the information and explanations given to us, the procedures of physical verification of inventories followed by the Management are reasonable and adequate in relation to the size of the company and the nature of its business.
(c) In our opinion and on the basis of our examination of the records, the Company is generally maintaining proper records of its inventories. No material discrepancy was noticed on physical verification of stocks by the Management as compared to book records.
3. According to the information and explanations given to us and on the basis of our examination of the books of account,
the Company has not granted any loans, secured or unsecured, to companies, firms or other parties listed in the register maintained under Section 189 of the Act. Consequently, clauses 3(a) and 3(b) are not applicable.
4. In our opinion and according to the information and explanations given to us, there is generally an adequate internal control procedure commensurate with the size of the Company and the nature of its business, for the purchase of inventories & fixed assets and payment for expenses & for sale of goods. During the course of our audit, no major instance of continuing failure to correct any weaknesses in the internal controls has been noticed.
5. Based on the audit procedures applied by us and according to the information and explanations provided by the Management, the particulars of contracts or arrangements referred to in Section 189 of the Act have been entered in the register required to be maintained under that section.
6. The Company has not accepted any deposits from the public.
7. As per information & explanations given by the Management, the Company has an internal audit system commensurate with its size and the nature of its business.
8. As per information & explanation given by the Management, maintenance of cost records has not been prescribed by the Central Government under sub-section (1) of Section 148 of the Companies Act, 2013 and we are of the opinion that prima facie the prescribed accounts and records have been made and maintained.
9. (a) According to the records of the
Company, undisputed statutory dues including Provident Fund, Investor Education and Protection Fund,
Employees State Insurance, Income- tax, Sales tax, Wealth tax, Service tax, Customs duty, Excise duty, Cess to the extent applicable and any other statutory dues have generally been regularly deposited with the appropriate authorities. According to the information and explanations given to us there were no outstanding statutory dues as on 31st March, 2018 for a period of more than six months from the date they became payable.
(b) According to the information and explanations given to us, there is an amount payable in respect of Income tax, Wealth tax, Service tax, Sales tax, Customs duty and Excise duty which have not been deposited on account of any disputes.
10. The Company does have accumulated loss and has incurred cash loss during the financial year covered by our audit and in the immediately preceding financial year.
11. Based on our audit procedures and on the information and explanations given by the Management, we are of the opinion that the Company has not defaulted in repayment of dues to a financial institution, bank or debenture holders.
12. According to the information and explanations given to us, the Company has not granted loans and advances on the basis of security by way of pledge of shares, debentures and other securities.
13. The Company is not a chit fund or a nidhi / mutual benefit fund/society. Therefore, the provision of this clause is not applicable to the Company.
14. According to information and explanations given to us, the Company is trading in Shares, Mutual funds & other Investments. Proper records & timely entries have been maintained in this regard & further investments specified are held in their own name.
15. According to the information and explanations given to us, the Company has not given any guarantees for loans taken by others from a bank or financial institution.
16. Based on our audit procedures and on the information given by the Management, we Report that the Company has not raised any term loans during the year.
17. Based on the information and explanations given to us and on an overall examination of the Balance Sheet of the Company as at 31st March, 2018, we Report that no funds raised on short-term basis have been used for long-term investment by the Company.
18. Based on the audit procedures performed and the information and explanations given to us by the Management, we Report that the Company has not made any preferential allotment of shares during the year.
19. The Company has no outstanding debentures during the period under audit.
20. The Company has not raised any money by public issue during the year.
21. Based on the audit procedures performed and the information and explanations given to us, we Report that no fraud on or by the Company has been noticed or reported during the year, nor have we been informed of such case by the Management.
For JHUNJHUNWALA & Co.
Chartered Accountants FRN: 302169E
6, Commercial Building
23 Netaji Subhas Road, Kolkata-700001
Proprietor Membership No. : 006604
Place: Kolkata Date: 30th May 2018