Switch to Lumia in 2013!...launches full range in Indian market
The Nokia Lumia 920 and Nokia Lumia 820 will be available in select retail stores across key cities starting Jan 11, 2013, while the Nokia Lumia 620 will start retailing in early February, 2013.
Nokia launched in the Indian market its full range of Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8 devices – the much acclaimed Nokia Lumia 920, the Nokia Lumia 820 and the Nokia Lumia 620- bolstering its smart devices portfolio in the country. With the latest range of Lumia WP8 devices, Nokia is all set to lead the change for the Windows Phone ecosystem with its Lumia differentiators. The Nokia Lumia 920 and Nokia Lumia 820 will be available in select retail stores across key cities starting Jan 11, 2013, while the Nokia Lumia 620 will start retailing in early February, 2013.
The stunning Nokia Lumia 920 is the flagship Windows Phone 8 smartphone, including the latest advances in Nokia PureView imaging innovation while the Nokia Lumia 820 is a stylish, mid-range smartphone that delivers high-end performance in a compact package. The Nokia Lumia 620 completes the range of latest Lumia WP8 devices with a more fun and youthful appeal.
Speaking at the launch, P. Balaji, Managing Director and Vice President, Nokia India said, "We are focused on redefining the future of smart devices and continue to invest towards delivering truly compelling experiences to consumers across price points. The launch of Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 on WP8 has instantly catapulted Windows Phone into the high-end smartphone shoot-out with their unique innovations. The announcement today is yet another giant leap in the remarkable progress we have made against our strategy announced in February 2011.”
Nokia Lumia 920
The Nokia Lumia 920 includes the latest advances in Nokia PureView imaging innovation. Using advanced floating lens technology, its camera takes in five times more light than competing smartphones without using flash, making it possible to capture clear, bright pictures and video indoors and at night. It also introduces optical image stabilization for the clearest, brightest pictures and video even when shooting indoors or at night. Additionally, The Nokia Lumia 920 is the first integrated wireless charging smartphone, with the technology built right into the handset.
Nokia Lumia 820
The Nokia Lumia 820 is a stylish, mid-range smartphone that delivers high-end performance in a compact package. Microsoft’s unique productivity offerings also make the Nokia Lumia 820 the obvious smartphone choice for any type of business. While the Nokia Lumia 820 has the same unibody look and feel as the high end Lumia smartphones, it comes with exchangeable shell covers in a range of vibrant colours, including the option to add wireless charging. Like the Nokia Lumia 920, the Nokia Lumia 820 also boasts the world's most sensitive touchscreen and Nokia Clear Black display technology or easy visibility in the brightest sunlight.
Nokia Lumia 620
More fun and more youthful, the Nokia Lumia 620 uses a new dual-shot color technique to deliver a variety of striking color and texture effects. With five different exchangeable shells to choose from, people can adapt the look of their Nokia Lumia 620 to their own personal taste and style. With NFC support, the Nokia Lumia 620 can easily share and receive content by tapping with compatible devices.
Colours and Price
Nokia Lumia 920 will be available in yellow, red, white and black. Nokia Lumia 820 will come in red, yellow, cyan, white and black, while Nokia Lumia 620 will come in magenta, yellow, cyan, white and black.
Nokia Lumia 920 will be available to Indian consumers at a best buy price of Rs. 38,199; and Nokia Lumia 820 at Rs. 27,559. Nokia Lumia 620 price will be announced closer to its market availability.
V Ramnath, Director Sales, Nokia India added, “We are working with partners across the board to take the Lumia experience to more and more consumers faster. The roll out of not two, but three devices marks not just our intent and agility, but also reflects our commitment to our consumers in India. With a range of accessories and partnerships to bring wireless charging outside the home, we are also kickstarting wireless charging into the mainstream. All this innovation adds up to one thing – it’s Time to Switch!”
All the Nokia Lumia WP8 come packed with signature Lumia features that deliver the best experience on the WP platform:
- Exclusive camera lenses that transform the creative power of the smartphone camera. The Cinemagraph lens adds simple animations to still photographs, while Smart Shoot creates a single, perfect shot from multiple images, even removing unwanted objects from the picture.
- The world’s best maps and location experience, including Nokia Maps, Nokia Drive, Nokia Transport and the exclusive Nokia City Lens. Nokia City Lens displays information about local surroundings overlaid onto buildings as seen through the camera viewfinder.
- An advanced Nokia Music offering: Making it easy to discover and enjoy new music, Nokia Music provides free streaming of ad-free tracks without registration or subscription and the ability to download playlists for listening offline, sharing tracks and events via social networks, email or SMS.
Nokia also announced a wide range of wireless charging partnerships and accessories, each designed to meet the needs of different people. These include:
- The quirky Nokia Recharge Pillow by Fatboy that provides the perfect place to lay down your Lumia for a power nap
- The sleek and minimalistic Nokia Wireless Charging Plate and the Nokia Wireless Charging Stand that are extremely simple to use come in different colours to match your Lumia.
- JBL Power UP for Nokia, the world’s first wireless charging docking station featuring NFC and Bluetooth connectivity in old-fashioned retro styling.
- The JBL Play Up Portable, a portable speaker specially made to complement Lumia smartphones. It uses Bluetooth and NFC to wireless stream music from a Lumia.
Views on 500 Stocks...Click Here!
India Infoline Research Team / 08:41, Oct 09, 2015
The Indian market too is expected to get off to a positive start. The Nifty looked geared to rally towards the 8300 mark but indices took a breather on Thursday.