iifl-logo-icon 1
IIFL

Invest wise with Expert advice

By continuing, I accept the T&C and agree to receive communication on Whatsapp

  • Open Demat with exclusive Advice & Services
  • Get a dedicated Relationship Manager to help you grow your wealth
  • Exclusive advisory on 20+ trading & wealth-based investment options
  • One tap Investments, Automated trading & much more
  • Minimum 1 lakh margin required
sidebar image

Aditya Birla Fashion: Inorganic strategy to take a pause from hereon

9 May 2023 , 11:05 AM

Recommendation: Buy

Target Price: Rs. 250

ABFRL would be paying Rs. 16.5 billion in cash for a 51% stake and would acquire the remaining 49% stake via share swap. Post this transaction, management is expected to take a pause from acquisitions in this space and focus on scaling up existing business segments. Analysts at IIFL Securities estimate ~5% dilution in FY25 adjusted EPS due to this transaction.

The transaction

ABFRL’s acquisition of TCNS clothing involves 3 steps: i) Acquisition of ~22%-31% of the expanded share capital of TCNS from the promoters at Rs. 503 per share. ii) Open offer to minority shareholders of TCNS, constituting 29% of the expanded share capital at Rs. 503 per share. iii) Merger of TCNS clothing with ABFRL by issuing 11 ABFRL shares for every 6 TCNS shares held by the remaining shareholders. ABFRL would acquire 51% stake in TCNS via the first 2 steps (cash consideration of Rs. 16.5 billion) and acquire the remaining 49% stake via share swap (based on the third step).

Analysts at IIFL Securities estimate adjusted EPS dilution of ~5%

Even as TCNS delivers a robust performance pre-COVID – revenue CAGR of 39% over FY13-19 coupled with consistent double-digit EBITDA margins (barring few years) – performance post-COVID has been subdued. Management is confident of turning around the business in terms of both growth and the margin profile. Analysts at IIFL Securities estimate EPS dilution of ~5% in EPS (adjusted for IND AS 116) in FY25.

Focus on scaling up of new businesses

Acquisition of TCNS gives ABFRL an entry into the largest sub-segment within the ethnic wear space – Women’s Ethnic Wear — completes its Ethnic Wear portfolio. Management aspires to scale up the Ethnic Wear portfolio to a turnover of Rs. 50 billion by FY27 with consistent growth across TCNS, Tasva and other brands. Analysts at IIFL Securities are forecasting 10% sales CAGR and 10% EBITDA margin for TCNS in FY25. Their SOTP valuation yields a target price of Rs. 250. Delay in raising capital from GIC (Rs. 14.25 billion expected in March 2024) remains a risk.

 

Related Tags

  • ABFRL
  • Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail
sidebar mobile

BLOGS AND PERSONAL FINANCE

Read More

Most Read News

Indian markets close on a positive note
14 Jun 2024|06:41 PM
Sensex and Nifty Surge
14 Jun 2024|06:43 PM
LIC stock price up by more than 5% today
14 Jun 2024|06:44 PM
Read More
Knowledge Centerplus
Logo

Logo IIFL Customer Care Number
(Gold/NCD/NBFC/Insurance/NPS)
1860-267-3000 / 7039-050-000

Logo IIFL Securities Support WhatsApp Number
+91 9892691696

Download The App Now

appapp
Knowledge Centerplus

Follow us on

facebooktwitterrssyoutubeinstagramlinkedin

2024, IIFL Securities Ltd. All Rights Reserved

ATTENTION INVESTORS
  • Prevent Unauthorized Transactions in your demat / trading account Update your Mobile Number/ email Id with your stock broker / Depository Participant. Receive information of your transactions directly from Exchanges on your mobile / email at the end of day and alerts on your registered mobile for all debits and other important transactions in your demat account directly from NSDL/ CDSL on the same day." - Issued in the interest of investors.
  • KYC is one time exercise while dealing in securities markets - once KYC is done through a SEBI registered intermediary (broker, DP, Mutual Fund etc.), you need not undergo the same process again when you approach another intermediary.
  • No need to issue cheques by investors while subscribing to IPO. Just write the bank account number and sign in the application form to authorise your bank to make payment in case of allotment. No worries for refund as the money remains in investor's account."

www.indiainfoline.com is part of the IIFL Group, a leading financial services player and a diversified NBFC. The site provides comprehensive and real time information on Indian corporates, sectors, financial markets and economy. On the site we feature industry and political leaders, entrepreneurs, and trend setters. The research, personal finance and market tutorial sections are widely followed by students, academia, corporates and investors among others.

RISK DISCLOSURE ON DERIVATIVES
  • 9 out of 10 individual traders in equity Futures and Options Segment, incurred net losses.
  • On an average, loss makers registered net trading loss close to Rs. 50,000.
  • Over and above the net trading losses incurred, loss makers expended an additional 28% of net trading losses as transaction costs.
  • Those making net trading profits, incurred between 15% to 50% of such profits as transaction cost.
Copyright © IIFL Securities Ltd. All rights Reserved.

Stock Broker SEBI Regn. No: INZ000164132, PMS SEBI Regn. No: INP000002213,IA SEBI Regn. No: INA000000623, SEBI RA Regn. No: INH000000248

plus
We are ISO 27001:2013 Certified.

This Certificate Demonstrates That IIFL As An Organization Has Defined And Put In Place Best-Practice Information Security Processes.