iifl-logo-icon 1

Invest wise with Expert advice

By continuing, I accept the T&C and agree to receive communication on Whatsapp

sidebar image

Tata Communications to bolster media & entertainment services

26 Sep 2023 , 08:43 AM

Tata Communications, a provider of digital enterprise solutions, is looking to expand the scope of offerings within its media and entertainment services division to include live news and events coverage, leveraging its expertise in assisting with live sports broadcasts.

Amur Lakshminarayanan, managing director and CEO of Tata Communications, stated that there is still time for 5G enterprise use cases to be deployed at scale in India.

Currently, approximately 80% of enterprise use cases can be executed on 4G LTE networks, with the remaining 20% requiring 5G. I believe the task ahead of us is to persuade enterprises to adopt the 80% of use cases first, demonstrate the RoI (return on investment), and then graduate them to 5G,’ he said.

While there are many theoretical use cases for 5G enterprises, he stressed that for meaningful adoption, the device ecosystem at manufacturing and plant locations must grow and reach a significant number of 5G-capable devices.

According to Tata Communications’ quarterly results report, the MES business is part of the digital portfolio, which increased 37.5% in the first quarter of the current fiscal year.

Live sports are viewed by the company in three ways: global events with global audiences, regional events with global audiences, and regional events with regional audiences. With a 25% market share in the first category, Tata Communications is now focusing on the other two for the expansion of the MES business.

The MES portfolio of the company includes remote event production, media cloud infrastructure, and worldwide contribution and dissemination.

For feedback and suggestions, write to us at editorial@iifl.com

explored-media

Related Tags

  • Tata Communications
  • Tata Communications NEWS
  • Tata Communications Updates
sidebar mobile

BLOGS AND PERSONAL FINANCE

Read More
Knowledge Centerplus
Logo

Logo IIFL Customer Care Number
(Gold/NCD/NBFC/Insurance/NPS)
1860-267-3000 / 7039-050-000

Logo IIFL Securities Support WhatsApp Number
+91 9892691696

Download The App Now

appapp
Knowledge Centerplus

Follow us on

facebooktwitterrssyoutubeinstagramlinkedin

2024, IIFL Securities Ltd. All Rights Reserved

ATTENTION INVESTORS
  • Prevent Unauthorized Transactions in your demat / trading account Update your Mobile Number/ email Id with your stock broker / Depository Participant. Receive information of your transactions directly from Exchanges on your mobile / email at the end of day and alerts on your registered mobile for all debits and other important transactions in your demat account directly from NSDL/ CDSL on the same day." - Issued in the interest of investors.
  • KYC is one time exercise while dealing in securities markets - once KYC is done through a SEBI registered intermediary (broker, DP, Mutual Fund etc.), you need not undergo the same process again when you approach another intermediary.
  • No need to issue cheques by investors while subscribing to IPO. Just write the bank account number and sign in the application form to authorise your bank to make payment in case of allotment. No worries for refund as the money remains in investor's account."

www.indiainfoline.com is part of the IIFL Group, a leading financial services player and a diversified NBFC. The site provides comprehensive and real time information on Indian corporates, sectors, financial markets and economy. On the site we feature industry and political leaders, entrepreneurs, and trend setters. The research, personal finance and market tutorial sections are widely followed by students, academia, corporates and investors among others.

RISK DISCLOSURE ON DERIVATIVES
  • 9 out of 10 individual traders in equity Futures and Options Segment, incurred net losses.
  • On an average, loss makers registered net trading loss close to Rs. 50,000.
  • Over and above the net trading losses incurred, loss makers expended an additional 28% of net trading losses as transaction costs.
  • Those making net trading profits, incurred between 15% to 50% of such profits as transaction cost.
Copyright © IIFL Securities Ltd. All rights Reserved.

Stock Broker SEBI Regn. No: INZ000164132, PMS SEBI Regn. No: INP000002213,IA SEBI Regn. No: INA000000623, SEBI RA Regn. No: INH000000248

plus
We are ISO 27001:2013 Certified.

This Certificate Demonstrates That IIFL As An Organization Has Defined And Put In Place Best-Practice Information Security Processes.