Van Heusen re-defines corporate dressing
The brand epitomises ‘Fashion for the Professional’, and its design driver is the combination of fashion and elegance.
Having forayed into the Indian market in 1990 as a Shirt brand, Van Heusen has constantly re-invented itself to become a complete lifestyle brand for Men, Woman & Youth. Van Heusen has had the unique distinction of establishing not only the brand, but also the ready-to-wear category in India. The brand epitomises ‘Fashion for the Professional’, and its design driver is the combination of fashion and elegance.
Van Heusen, which invented the shirt collar, upholds the spirit of fashion innovation; launching its brand new range of fashionable formals, aptly called X-Lifestyle, designed for modern professionals. This Fashionable, Bold and Distinctive range is expected to revolutionize the way Corporate India dresses itself to work. It breaks decades-old convention of formality and brings in a subtle and desirable touch of excitement to every professional. Through bolder checks and stripes, inner detailing patterns, slimmer fits, the range helps the professional of today make a statement wherever he goes. It is an innovative collection that spells the end of formals as one knows it. X-Lifestyle by Van Heusen is a defining moment in corporate dressing, lending an edgy, stylish and powerful persona to the whole concept of what one should wear to work.
The launch of this exciting new range happened at an equally innovative setting – the Jet Hanger, at the Santa Cruz airport on 3rd of October, 2012. This was a one-of-a-kind event and no other apparel brand has ever attempted this before. The idea was to transform the ordinary hangar into a glamorous ramp for a fashion show. The lavish event will stand testimony to the X-Lifestyle range and what it has to offer to the Indian corporate wear.
The partnership with Jet is a significant milestone in the Indian apparel industry as no other player has gone out so loud to announce a new range. Jet was approached for this innovative launch as the TG match between Van Heusen and Jet Airways was perfect. A Boeing 737-800 aircraft has been branded with the new X-Lifestyle creative; this aircraft will be flying domestic routes across India and reaching major metros like Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Kolkata, Cochin, etc. The alliance is for a month wherein the plane will display the X-Lifestyle branding on the outside, as well as on the seat trays inside. The launch is supported with an extensive print campaign across publications. The brand is also planning on digital media and airport installations of the collection to support the launch. Both Van Heusen and Jet will be promoting their association via their social media initiatives, SMS and CRM members.
Van Heusen clocked a turnover of Rs 900 crores in FY 2011-12. The company has grown at a fast clip in the last 5 years and plans to maintain the same run for the next 5 years and expecting a turnover of 2000 crores during this period. New initiatives and expansions have been one of the key factors behind driving this growth. Be it VDOT or woman’s -wear, these categories have zoomed in the last couple of years with focussed marketing initiatives. VDOT today is the largest club-wear brand in India. Van Heusen Woman is the leading home grown women’s western wear brand. The newest initiative — Van Heusen Sport — which was launched last year, is already contributing 5 per cent to overall sales.
The X-Lifestyle collection will be available across our 170+ exclusive stores across India. In addition to this, it will be available across departmental stores and leading multi brand outlets.
A synopsis of Van Heusen’s achievements till date:
- In the last few years the brand has seen a lot of success, to name a few;
- Transition from an exclusive men’s shirting brand to Premium Lifestyle brand for Man, Woman & Youth
- Phenomenal success seen with the launch of new initiatives such as Western Woman’s Wear (Van Heusen Woman), Clubwear (VDot) and Van Heusen Sport
Achievements & Awards;
- Van Heusen Power Club recognised as the Best Loyalty programme in the retail sector at the 4th Loyalty Summit
- Van Heusen Woman won the Retail Award at the 3rd Global Youth Marketing Awards
The brand is available for discussions on the below points; please let us know if you would like to take this opportunity forward;
- New X-Lifestyle formal range by Van Heusen
- Marketing plans for Van Heusen X-lifestyle
- Its overall game plan to retain its dominance in the menswear market in the formal category
- New initiatives of Van Heusen & growth strategy with regards to sub-brands, products, accessories, marketing initiatives
- Brand strategy to tap new markets & expansion plans
- Evolution of men’s fashion in India and Van Heusen’s contribution in to the same
- Latest trends, challenges and future of Indian apparel industry
Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.