OTHER GROUP COMPANIES
market

Avanse Financial Services raises Rs 390 crore from Warburg Pincus, IFC

Avanse gives education loan for overseas studies

September 22, 2022 8:47 IST | India Infoline News Service

An education-focused non-bank lender, Avanse Financial Services, received roughly Rs390 crores from its current shareholders, Warburg Pincus, and International Finance Corporation (IFC).

A rights issue of shares in proportion to the holdings was used to fund the investment. Through its affiliate Olive Vine Investment, the private equity firm Warburg Pincus owns 80% of Avanse, with IFC holding the other 20%.

Avanse's net worth increased to approximately Rs1,450 crore as a result of this capital inflow.

At the end of March, it had Rs4,836 crore in assets under management, representing a 22% compound annual growth over the previous four years.

Avanse would be able to improve its capital adequacy ratio and balance sheet with the raised equity.

For feedback and suggestions, write to us at editorial@iifl.com

 


OPEN A DEMAT ACCOUNT & Get
FREE Benefits Worth 5,000

FEATURED ARTICLE

BLOGS

Open Demat Account
  • 0

    Per Order for ETF & Mutual Funds Brokerage

  • 20

    Per Order for Delivery, Intraday, F&O, Currency & Commodity