Equities in other regions were higher, tracking a rise in commodity prices led by copper and iron ore.
Automobile stocks in Japan led the market down, as overnight strength in the yen hit export-focused companies.
KOSPI Index increased 0.8 points or 0.04% to 2,065.88, Jakarta Composite increased 6.18 points or 0.12% to 5,367.27, Shanghai Composite increased 16.2 points or 0.51% to 3,183.18, Hang Seng increased 40.01 points or 0.17% to 23,525.14 and Taiwan Weighted increased 46.93 points or 0.49% to 9,590.18. On the flip side, Nikkei 225 decreased 99.93 points or 0.53% to 18,907.67.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.