EdX launches the Leaders of Learning course by HarvardX. Registrations for the courses are open and the course will start on 8th of July, 2014. It is a 6-week long course, which requires an estimated 4-6 hours per week to explore and understand your own theories of learning and leadership, and gain the tools to imagine and build the future of learning.
Students are welcome to audit the course and decide what they want from it. They can also participate in all the course activities, to earn a personalized achievement certificate, in addition to the course certificate.
All of us carry explicit or implicit theories of learning. They manifest themselves in the ways we learn, the ways we teach, and the ways we think about leadership and learning. In Leaders of Learning, you will identify and develop your personal theory of learning, and explore how it fits into the shifting landscape of learning. This isnt just about schools, its about the broader and bigger world of learning.
The education sector is undergoing great transformation, and in the coming decades will continue to change. How we learn, what we learn, where we learn, and why we learn- all these questions will be re-examined. In Leaders of Learning you will explore learning, leadership, organizational structure, and physical design.
The only requirements for Leaders of Learning are:
- An interest in the evolving world of learning;
- A curiosity about leadership in this new world;
- A willingness to examine your own beliefs about learning; and
- An openness to sharing your thoughts with and responding to others
This course is being taught by Richard Elmore, Professor of Educational Leadership at the Harvard Graduate School of Education. For the past fifteen years his research and clinical practice has concentrated on the improvement of instructional practice in schools and classrooms, and the development of organizational systems to support those improvements.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.