Education for sustainability is a lifelong learning process that leads to an informed and involved citizenry. Sustainable education leads to development of knowledge, skills and perspectives, needed to address the environmental and social challenges of the coming decades.
IFIM Business School and Infosys have collaborated to undertake certain initiatives and projects in the space of Sustainability, with the launch of the V.B. Padode Centre for Sustainability in IFIM's sprawling campus in Electronic city. Currently, the Centre has initiated three initiatives -
1. Shiksha Adhaar - A coaching centre to educate the less privileged
2. SAFE - Students Against Female Exploitation, a movement by the students of IFIM, to transform attitudes and create a society safe for women.
3. Counseling Centre - IFIM students to counsel students from government schools regarding choosing the right career path
IFIM has a unique and innovative community based learning program entitled Corporate Social Responsibility Project (CSR). This program has been institutionalized through a CSR centre known as the Centre for Social Entrepreneurship and Management.Â
The centre aims at building awareness and sensitizing students to various issues, concerns and problems faced by society and find ways to enhance human, social and natural capital.Â
This offers a permanent platform to engage in socially meaningful and relevant projects within the evolving framework of management studies and share their knowledge and talent to contribute to society. Â This new learning helps in providing holistic growth and grooms students into emotionally intelligent managers.
Some of the initiatives that the Centre will address are â€“
1. Â Â Â Sustainability â€“ Introduction & basic awareness sessions.
2. Â Â Â Sustainability themes and relevance to oneâ€™s daily life. (Waste management, Bio-diversity, Â Â Â Â Â Â Gender and Diversity etc.)
3. Â Â Â Co-create curriculum on a specific sustainability area of work.
4. Â Â Â Draft sustainability policy, vision and goals.
5. Â Â Â Set off different volunteer action groups & partner on the volunteer action.
6. Â Â Â Sustainability as a career option for B-school graduates.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.