On Tuesday, the Sensex tumbled to a low of 28,138 - down 380 points from the day's high towards the fag end of the trading session on account of a heavy sell-off across sectors. The BSE Sensex finally ended with a loss of 238 points at 28,182.
The NSE Nifty touched a high of 8,647 in morning trades, and thereafter tanked to a low of 8,518 - down 129 points in intra-day deals. The Nifty eventually settled with a loss of 74 points at 8,529.
The India VIX (Volatility) index was up nearly a percent at 15.0975.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.