The landmark decision by the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) to cut production has fueled a sharp rally in oil prices, which rose almost 10% to skyrocket near the $ 50 a barrel mark. OPEC’s collective output will now reduce by 1.2 million barrels a day. The last time a cut was implemented was way back in January 2009 and non-OPEC members like Russia have also joined in the output reduction.
At the macro level, the second quarter of this fiscal year saw GDP growth at 7.3% (yoy), higher than the reading of 7.1% during the prior quarter. Lower interest rates are yet to translate into any meaningful shift in the private investment cycle. Meanwhile, India's infrastructure output accelerated to its fastest growth in half a year rising 6.6pc yoy in October. Later in the day, data is awaited on auto sales numbers, India manufacturing PMI, EU unemployment, US jobless claims and manufacturing PMI.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.