On Monday, the BSE benchmark index, the Sensex, opened with a huge negative gap of 236 points at 27,857, and soon slipped to a low of 27,775 on the back of all-round selling pressure.
The buying gained momentum in the towards the end of the trading session, partly aided by some short-covering in select index stocks. The Sensex rallied to a high of 28,235 - up a solid 460 points from the early morning lows.
The Sensex finally ended with a gain of 116 points at 28,209.
The NSE Nifty opened almost 100-points lower at 8,386, but bounced back into the positive zone and soared to a high of 8,533 towards the fag end of the day. The Nifty eventually settled with a significant gain of 37 points at 8,522.
The India VIX (Volatility) index was down 1.8 percent at 16.0175.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.