On Thursday, the BSE Sensex jumped to a high of 27,791 - up 279 points from the previous close - in early morning deals on the back of positive economic data and supportive global cues. The market, however, pared gains as the day progressed, and the Sensex dipped into red to touch a low of 27,496 - down 295 points from the day's high - in late noon deals. The Sensex finally ended with a minor gain of 37 points at 27,550.
The NSE Nifty zoomed to a high of 8,430 and showed glimpses of recovery, but faltered towards the end of the trading session. The NSE index touched a low of 8,340, and eventually settled with a gain of mere six points at 8,356. The India VIX (Volatility) index was down 2.5 percent at 17.0175.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.