NSEL has opened an escrow account as directed by government to ensure payouts on priority to about 8,000 small investors after the exchange halted trading, according to reports.
National Spot Exchange Ltd has to settle Rs 5,600 crore dues after it suspended trading in all contracts.
The exchange has said it will submit a settlement plan by August 14 and has set up a four-member panel to monitor the process.
The government has empowered the Forward Markets Commission (FMC) to oversee the settlement.
According to sources, NSEL has roped in Switzerland-based SGS to audit stocks across 89 godowns of the exchange.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.