The Dow Jones industrial average closed up 39.44 points, or 0.22% to 18,138.38, the S&P 500 gained 0.43 points, or 0.02% to 2,132.98 and the Nasdaq Composite added 0.83 points, or 0.02% to 5,214.16.
The dollar posted its largest weekly rise in more than seven months, with rebounding US retail sales and a rise in producer prices last month indicating the economy had regained momentum in the third quarter after a lackluster first-half.
Global benchmark Brent LCOc1 settled down 8 cents at $51.95 a barrel. US crude CLc1 slid 9 cents to settle at $50.35 a barrel. US Treasury yields rose, with the benchmark 10-year note falling 19/32 in price to yield 1.80%.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.