On Friday, the BSE Sensex opened 27 points higher at 27,973, but soon slipped into red to a low of 27,897 - down 76 points from the day's open on the back of subdued global cues.
The Sensex however ended on a positive note - up 147 points at 28,093. In the process, the BSE benchmark ended the week with a gain of 281 points.
The NSE Nifty came within striking distance of the 8,500-level, as the index touched a high of 8,498, and settled 40 points higher at 8,485.
The India VIX (Volatility) index rose by nearly 5 percent to 16.305.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.