Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitri Rogozin called on Prime Minister Narendra Modi to convey President Vladimir Putin`s greetings to Prime Minister and his desire to work with Prime Minister Narendra Modi to further strengthen and deepen the special and privileged strategic partnership between India and Russia.
Prime Minister described Russia as a time-tested and reliable friend that had stood with India in difficult times and a major partner in building India`s defence capabilities, for which Russia enjoys enormous goodwill in India. Prime Minister expressed his intention to take the relationship to a higher level. He also recalled his recent visit to INS Vikramaditya on June 14 and thanked Deputy PM Rogozin for Russian contribution to the realisation of a major milestone in India`s naval capabilities. He looked forward to a productive, substantive and forward looking Summit with President Putin later in the year.
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj, Foreign Secretary Sujatha Singh, Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister Nripendra Misra, and National Security Adviser Ajit Doval were present at the meeting.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.