At 3:40pm, the rupee is trading up 0.45% at 60.56 against the US dollar.
The Sensex closed at 27,265, down 55 points, while NSE Nifty closed at 8,153, down 21 points.
BSE Mid-cap closed up 0.51% at 9,843 points, while BSE Small-cap closed up 0.31% at 10,886 points.
Cipla, Coal India, IndusInd Bank, ITC, Tata Motors and Bank of Baroda were among the gainers on NSE, whereas Tech Mahindra, Asian Paints, HCL Technologies, DLF, Bajaj Auto and L&T were among the losers today.
The INDIA VIX was down 0.27% at 12.75. It hit a high of 13.04 and a low of 11.01.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.