As per the latest crop survey data compiled by the Solvent Extractors Association of India, the total area under castor in India for the year 2017-18 is estimated to be 822000 hectares as per the governments estimates against last years estimate of 800000 hectares, which has increased by 2.90% as compared to the previous year.
Acreage has reported to be increased in all states except Rajasthan. The average yield for year 2017-18 is estimated to be 1738 Kg/Ha, based on farmers response about their yield expectation on present crop conditions. Total production in India is estimated to be 14.30 lakh tons during the year 2017-18.
Among the major states, the total production in Gujarat is estimated to be 12.20 lakh tons during the year 2017-18. Total production in the Rajasthan is estimated to be 1.58 lakh tons during the year 2017-18.
Powered by Commodity Insights
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.