The last date for payment of GST as well as filing of GSTR 3B return for the month of August 2017 was 20th September, 2017. The total number of tax payers who were required to file monthly returns for August 2017 is 68.20 lakhs, of which, as on 25th September, 2017, 37.63 lakh GSTR 3B returns have been filed.
The total revenue of GST paid under different heads (upto 25th September, 2017) is Rs. 90,669 crore. The total CGST revenue is Rs. 14,402 crore, SGST revenue is Rs. 21,067 crore, IGST revenue is Rs. 47,377 crore (of which IGST from imports in August 2017 is Rs. 23,180 crore) and Compensation Cess is Rs.7,823 crore (of which Rs. 547 crore is Compensation Cess from imports in August 2017).
The above figures obviously do not include the GST to be paid by 10.24 lakh assessees who have opted for the composition scheme. Additionally, there are still a number of assessees who have not filed their return either for July or August, 2017. The increase in the above stated figures will be informed in due course.
Powered by Capital Market - Live News
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.