Cholamandalam Investment & Finance Company , Indian financial services company dealing in fixed deposits, reported standalone net profit of Rs. 192.03 crore for the quarter ended March 31, 2016, registering growth of 41.57% yoy and 31.8% qoq. It's Net Interest Income (NII) for the quarter stood at Rs. 602.42 crore, clocking growth of 33.38% yoy and 10.96% qoq.
For the year ended March 31, 2016, the company reported net profit of Rs. 192.03 crore, witnessing decline of 55.87% yoy. It's NII for the current period of Rs. 2,141.70 crore was up 23.79% yoy.
On consolidated basis, Cholamandalam Investment & Finance Company's net profit of Rs. 193.82 crore for the quarter, grew 41.92% yoy and 30.93% qoq. The company's Total Income for the quarter stood at Rs. 1,141.24 crore, clocking growth of 20.94% yoy and 7.66% qoq.
For the year ended March 31, 2016, the company reported net profit of Rs. 574.68 crore, registering growth of 29.39% yoy. It's Total Income for the current period of Rs. 1,522.10 crore was down 59.03% yoy.
Result Highlights: (Rs. in crore)
Standalone Net Profit
Bloomberg estimated the company’s consolidated net profit at Rs. 1,646 crore.
Corporate Action :
Cholamandalam Investment and Finance Company has informed BSE that the Board of Directors of the Company has recommendation of final dividend @ 20 % being Rs.2 /- per equity share for the year ended March 31, 2016 out of the profits of the Company. This is besides the interim dividend of 25% (Rs.2.50 per equity share) as approved by the Board at its meeting held on January 29, 2016. With this recommendation, the total dividend paid on the equity shares for the year ended March 31, 2016 will be at 45% (Rs. 4.50 per equity share). The dividend will be paid within 7 days from the date of annual general meeting (i.e. on or before August 05, 2016), if approved by the shareholders at the ensuing 38th Annual General Meeting (AGM).
Cholamandalam Investment & Finance Company Ltd is currently trading at Rs. 842, up by 46.15 points or 5.8% from its previous closing of Rs. 795.85 on the BSE.
The scrip opened at Rs. 810 and has touched a high and low of Rs. 849 and Rs. 800 respectively. So far 146042(NSE+BSE) shares were traded on the counter. The current market cap of the company is Rs. 12426.85 crore.
The BSE group 'A' stock of face value Rs. 10 has touched a 52 week high of Rs. 805 on 29-Apr-2016 and a 52 week low of Rs. 552 on 01-Jun-2015. Last one week high and low of the scrip stood at Rs. 805 and Rs. 773 respectively.
The promoters holding in the company stood at 53.14 % while Institutions and Non-Institutions held 39.64 % and 7.22 % respectively.
Start investing in Equities, Derivatives, Mutual Funds and Currency
Temporary Password will be sent to your Mobile No. / Email Address to reset your password.
Make smart financial decisions
Trusted by more than 25 Lakhs Indians
Research and Stocks
Strategy and Tools
Terms & Conditions
By clicking on submit button, you authorize IIFL & its representatives & agents to provide information about various products, offers and services provided by IIFL through any mode including telephone calls, SMS, letters etc. . you confirm that laws in relation to unsolicited communication referred in National Do Not Call Registry as laid down by Telecom Regulatory Authority of India will not be applicable for such information/ communication.