For Q4FY18, Graphite India’s sales increased by 224.6% yoy to Rs1,212.2cr from Rs373.4cr in Q4FY17. Sales were driven by robust realization for graphite electrodes and increased sales volumes. Operating Profit (EBITDA) for the quarter was Rs668.6cr vs. Rs14.7cr in Q4FY17. EBITDA margins improved from 3.9% in Q4FY17 to 55.2% in Q4FY18 driven by higher volumes and optimum capacity utilization. Net profit for the quarter increased to Rs453.7cr as compared to Rs61.9cr in Q4FY17.
• Graphite and carbon pipes segment’s sales, which contributed ~95% to Q4FY18 total sales, increased by 219.8% yoy to Rs1,151.6cr as compared to Rs360.1cr in Q4FY17.
• The underlying growth was driven by a combination of higher volumes, price realizations and capacity utilizations, which increased from 89% in Q4FY17 to 100% in Q4FY18.
• GRP pipes (3.3% of Q4FY18 sales) sales increased by 77.7% yoy to Rs40.6cr.
• The Board has recommended final dividend of Rs12 per equity share of Rs2 each.
• For H1FY19, the company’s capacity is fully booked at current market price levels. This will result in significant margin expansion and enhanced profitability.
Graphite India Ltd ended at Rs. 731.30, down by 14.5 points or 1.94% from its previous closing of Rs. 745.80 on the BSE.
The scrip opened at Rs. 748 and touched a high and low of Rs. 768.90 and Rs. 711 respectively. A total of 39,24,034 (NSE+BSE) shares were traded on the counter. The stock traded below its 100 DMA.
Please use the temporary password sent on your email id or mobile no.
Update Mobile no.
Why you need to update your Mobile number ?
By providing verified mobile number we provide more exclusive information in the website.
Update Mobile no.
Terms & Conditions
By clicking on submit button, you authorize IIFL & its representatives & agents to provide information about various products, offers and services provided by IIFL through any mode including telephone calls, SMS, letters etc. . you confirm that laws in relation to unsolicited communication referred in National Do Not Call Registry as laid down by Telecom Regulatory Authority of India will not be applicable for such information/ communication.