Larsen & Toubro Ltd reported Q4FY18 numbers above the consensus estimates. Revenue from operations grew by 11.1% yoy to Rs40,678.1cr as against Rs36,618.74cr (Net of excise duty) in Q4FY17. The company’s EBITDA margin has increased by 128bps yoy to 13.3% as against 12% in Q4FY17. The company's reported EBITDA grew by 23%yoy to Rs5,390.47cr as against Rs4,382.41cr, beating the consensus estimate by 7.6%. The company’s net profit grew by 4.7% yoy to Rs3,167.47cr as against Rs3,024.61cr last year, beating the estimate by 5.8%.
• The International revenue during the year at Rs39,699cr constituted 33% of the total revenue.
• The company won fresh orders worth Rs152,908cr at the group level during the year ended March 31, 2018 registering a growth of 7% over the previous year.
• The order intake for the quarter ended March 31, 2018 at Rs49,557cr grew by 5% yoy. International order inflow during the quarter at Rs8,678cr constituted 18% of the order inflow for the quarter.
• Consolidated order book of the group stood at Rs263,107cr as at March 31, 2018, with international order book constituting 24% of the total order book.
• Infrastructure segment secured fresh orders of Rs87,277cr during the year ended March 31, 2018, registering a growth of 11%. The EBITDA margin of the segment during the year ended March 31, 2018 was marginally lower at 10% compared to previous year, with cost pressures in a few international projects.
• Power Segment secured fresh orders of Rs2,414cr for the year ended March 31, 2018 lower by 16% yoy, with international orders constituting 86% of the total order inflow. The segment EBITDA margin for the year ended March 31, 2018 was at 3.4%, marginally lower compared to 3.5% recorded in previous year.
• Heavy Engineering Segment secured fresh orders valued Rs5,848cr during the year ended March 31, 2018. The EBITDA margin of the segment declined to 17.1% for the year ended March 31, 2018 against the margin of 20% in the previous year, reflecting the stage of execution of the projects in the order book portfolio.
• Hydrocarbon Segment secured fresh orders valued Rs15,811cr during the year ended March 31, 2018, a decline of 15% compared to previous year, with reduction in international orders. The segment recorded improvement in the EBITDA margin to 7.7% for the year ended March 31, 2018 against 6.8% in the previous year, with close out of legacy international projects and improved operational efficiencies.
Larsen & Toubro Ltd ended at Rs. 1,377.60, up by 33.8 points or 2.52% from its previous closing of Rs. 1,343.80 on the BSE.
The scrip opened at Rs. 1,347.05 and touched a high and low of Rs. 1,383.80 and Rs. 1,345.05 respectively. A total of 22,67,692 (NSE+BSE) shares were traded on the counter. The stock traded below its 50 DMA.
Please use the temporary password sent on your email id or mobile no.
Update Mobile no.
Why you need to update your Mobile number ?
By providing verified mobile number we provide more exclusive information in the website.
Update Mobile no.
Terms & Conditions
By clicking on submit button, you authorize IIFL & its representatives & agents to provide information about various products, offers and services provided by IIFL through any mode including telephone calls, SMS, letters etc. . you confirm that laws in relation to unsolicited communication referred in National Do Not Call Registry as laid down by Telecom Regulatory Authority of India will not be applicable for such information/ communication.