Motilal Oswal Financial Services Ltd’s revenue grew by 9.9% yoy to Rs646cr. Revenue of broking business and NII of Aspire Housing Finance business grew by 21.8% and 14.5% yoy to Rs289cr and Rs58cr respectively. In its Aspire business, GNPA and NNPA stood at 6.8% and 5.6% respectively, which grew by 520bps and 430bps yoy respectively. Company’s adjusted Net profit stood at Rs104cr, down 17.5% yoy.
• ADTO (Average daily turnover) of broking business grew by 54% yoy to ~Rs16,200cr.
• AUM of asset management business grew by 55% yoy to ~Rs37,600cr.
• Aspire home finance loan book grew by 11% yoy to ~Rs4,800cr.
• Wealth management AUM grew by 35% yoy to ~Rs15,300cr.
• Operating expenses stood at 22.3% of sales vs 21.1% yoy impacting the profitability.
• Administrative and other expenses stood at 16% of sales vs 12.7%.
Con Call Highlights
• Company’s market shares in overall broking business stands at 1.8% in Q1FY19.
• Equity MF AUM market share stands at ~2% in Q1FY19 vs. 1.6% yoy.
• Profit of the broking business grew by 120% yoy to Rs56cr. This was driven by strong volume growth and operating leverage. Further, management also mentioned that tax rate is lower by ~600bps in broking business post-merger of MOSL and MOFSL, which is sustainable going ahead.
• In Wealth management, company has guided RM addition of 60%yoy in FY19E. EBITDA of wealth management stands at Rs4.4cr while total revenue stands at Rs26.4cr. Company expects EBITDA margin to improve further once RM addition closes down.
• No proposal for separate listing of AMC business, as there is no need for capital.
• Company has ~Rs1,600cr as of Q1FY19 in liquid investments to fund future investments. Further, gearing remains conservative at 1.8x (ex-Aspire it is 0.5x).
Motilal Oswal Financial Services Ltd ended at Rs. 846.90, down by 21.4 points or 2.46% from its previous closing of Rs. 868.30 on the BSE.
The scrip opened at Rs. 872 and touched a high and low of Rs. 873.80 and Rs. 843.10 respectively. A total of 1,44,005 (NSE+BSE) shares were traded on the counter. The stock traded above its 200 DMA.
Please use the temporary password sent on your email id or mobile no.
Update Mobile no.
Why you need to update your Mobile number ?
By providing verified mobile number we provide more exclusive information in the website.
Update Mobile no.
Terms & Conditions
By clicking on submit button, you authorize IIFL & its representatives & agents to provide information about various products, offers and services provided by IIFL through any mode including telephone calls, SMS, letters etc. . you confirm that laws in relation to unsolicited communication referred in National Do Not Call Registry as laid down by Telecom Regulatory Authority of India will not be applicable for such information/ communication.