Highlights of NSE Circular dated September 02, 2020 on
Investor Awareness regarding the revised guidelines on margin collection.
NSE has advised the Members to create awareness amongst clients / investors with regard to procedure of pledge/ re-pledge of securities and placing them as collateral with their Trading Member (TM) / Clearing Member (CM) only by way of ‘margin pledge’ created in the Depository system and collection of upfront margin in cash market segment.
The Exchange has also advised the Members to display the following messages on the homepage of their respective websites at a prominent place (applicable to Members having their own websites):
1. Stock Brokers can accept securities as margin from clients only by way of pledge in the depository system w.e.f. September 1, 2020.
2. Update your mobile number & email Id with your stock broker/depository participant and receive OTP directly from the depository on your email id and/or mobile number to create a pledge.
3. Pay 20% upfront margin of the transaction value to trade in the cash market segment.
4. Investors may please refer to the Exchange's Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) issued vide circular reference NSE/INSP/45191 dated July 31, 2020 and NSE/INSP/45534 dated August 31, 2020 and other guidelines issued from time to time in this regard.
5. Check your Securities /MF/ Bonds in the consolidated account statement issued by NSDL/CDSL every month.
Issued in the interest of Investors