Cisco announced that Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) Pilani, one of India’s premier independent universities, along with BITSAA International, its global alumni community, have successfully deployed the immersive, high-definition Cisco TelePresence videoconferencing and Cisco WebEx technologies as part of a cross-campus technology initiative named BITSConnect 2.0. Set to transform the learning experience through unparalleled campus-connectivity, this platform is aimed at creating a dynamic and collaborative learning environment by connecting classrooms through a MPLS – based data network.
Custom-built using Cisco TelePresence technology, the new virtual lecture facility will offer immersive, high-definition visual communications — enabling all students, regardless of location, to collaborate and participate as if they were in the same room as one another and their professor. The initiative will benefit over 11,000 students and 700 teachers and provide them with access to business leaders and guest lecturers located around the globe, enabling collaborative research and interactive learning a routine part of their lives.
• The largest and first-of-its-kind in India, this deployment will increase collaboration, foster innovation, enhance productivity, and streamline administration.
• Using the new Cisco Telepresence facility, BITS Pilani is offering 14 specialized electives to hundreds of students across its three campuses.
• BITS will also utilize the Cisco Capture, Transform, Share (CTS) video platform to enable professors to record lectures and make those lectures available for replay. This provides access to key content from any location and at any time, increasing the value and reach of each lecture and classroom discussion.
• The technology provides an enhanced learning experience to students, through collaboration with students and faculty from other campuses – on an average; eight classes are conducted every day.
• BITS will be able to bring experts from across the globe for guest lectures, workshops, and other academic pursuits and students from all the three campuses can have real time interaction with the experts.
• BITS plans to leverage this technology for campus placements and faculty recruitments.
Cisco has a history of developing unique solutions for educational institutions and a strong corporate commitment to improving the quality of education. Through the Cisco Networking Academy program, the company’s 21st Century Schools initiative and numerous engagements with nongovernmental organizations whose aim is to boost opportunity through education, Cisco has helped multiply the impact of technology on millions of students and teachers around the globe.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.