HDFC Life, India’s leading long term private life insurance solutions provider and a pioneer in offering children’s insurance plans announced the launch of HDFC LIFE YOUNGSTAR UDAAN, a participating children’s plan with money back options which allows parents to utilize key formative years of their child to plan for their secure future. The plan is ideal for parents who wish to secure their child’s future keeping in mind critical milestones like education, marriage, setting up of business etc.
Speaking on the launch, Sanjay Tiwari, Vice President, Product Development, HDFC Life said, “ We have been front-runners in not just educating parents but also in offering insurance solutions to them for planning financial future of their children. In our constant endeavour to offer customized and flexible insurance plans, we realized the need to add a money-back plan in the category of child insurance. Hence, the launch of Youngstar Udaan completes our suite of products required for all life stage needs of children. The plan focuses on the aspiration, academic and career aspects of the child’s growth with option to waive future premiums to ensure that various life-stage needs are fulfilled even when the insured parent is not around. By offering pro-active financial planning for children, we aim at helping parents make their children financially independent.”
This plan gives the flexibility to choose the payout options to match with the child’s key milestones. It boosts the pay-outs with Guaranteed Additions (GA)* accruing in the first 5 years of the policy, payable at maturity. The plan also provides insurance coverage for the policy term even if the premium payments are for a limited period thus protecting a child’s dreams.
Check the Eligibility
Based on the maturity benefit options and death benefit options you can assess your eligibility in buying this plan. The age limits for this plan are as follows:
|Eligibility Criteria||Death Benefit Options||Maturity Benefit Options||Minimum||Maximum|
|Age at Entry||Classic||Option 1 - Aspiration||0 years (30 days)||60 years|
|Option 2 - Academia||8 years|
|Option 3 - Career|
|Classic Waiver||All Options||18 years||55 years|
|Age at Maturity||Classic||Option 1 - Aspiration||18 years||75 years|
|Option 2 - Academia||23 years|
|Option 3 - Career|
|Classic Waiver||All Options||33 years||75 years|
Choice of Policy Term and Premium Payment Term
This plan offers you flexibility to choose from the varied combinations of policy terms and premium payment terms.
|Minimum Policy Term||Maximum Policy Term||Premium Payment Terms|
|15 Years||25 Years||7 years|
Policy Term minus 5 Years
Choice of Maturity Benefit Options
- You can choose from the 3 maturity benefit options at inception based on financial goals for your child. These options are of 2 types namely
- Endowment Option (Option 1) – option where a lump-sum is paid at maturity. This option is termed as ASPIRATION
- Money-back Options (2nd and 3rd Option) – options based on the pay-outs offered in the last 5 years before maturity. These options are termed as ACADEMIA and CAREER.
Choice of Death Benefit Options
- You can also choose from 2 death benefit options
- Classic Death Benefit Option – This option provides the basic death benefit , accrued guaranteed additions and bonuses if any
- Classic Waiver Death benefit Option - This option provides the basic death benefit and all future outstanding premiums under the policy will be waived.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.