The government is taking a heads-on approach to addressing issues, supporting the key drivers of the economy and giving each of the sectors - including real estate – a massive shot in the arm in these stressful times.
The announcement to offer more credit support for purchase of homes, vehicles and consumption goods is an extremely welcome move which does not come a moment too soon. This move gives a major liquidity support of an additional Rs20,000cr to HFCs and this will significantly improve the momentum of lending to cash-strapped developers by the NHB. Many developers will now be able to complete their projects stuck or delayed which were languishing due to lack of funds – thereby benefiting their buyers directly.
- Rs 4 lakh cr liquidity infusion
- Rs70,000cr for bank recapitalization – NBFCs to get more money for passing it on
- Banks to pass on rate cuts to buyers
- Capital Loans to Industry cheaper
- Tax withdrawn on capital gains
- Tax on super rich rolled back
The author, Anuj Puri is Chairman, ANAROCK Property Consultants