The Tokisud North block that earlier belonged to GVK Power is expected to attract highest number of bids.
Various companies including Adani Power, Essar Power, GMR Energy, Jindal Power, Lanco Infratech, Sesa Sterlite, Tata Power and West Bengal Power Development Corp are likely to submit bids, a coal ministry said.
The block with 2.32 mn tonnes of annual coal production capacity has rail connectivity within 2.5 km.
Gare Palma IV/2 and IV/3 in Chhattisgarh, previously owned by Jindal Steel & Power, is also being eyed by close to a dozen companies.
The company shares were trading at Rs. 52, down 0.29% at BSE.
Meanwhile, the BSE Sensex is down 140 points at 29,043.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.