On Monday, the BSE benchmark index started with a gap-up of 194 points at 27,205. The index touched a low of 27,159, and soon firmed up on the back of all-round buying. Aggressive buying in the last one-hour of trades, saw the BSE Sensex rally to a high of 27,538. The BSE index finally ended with a gain of 479 points at 27,491.
The NSE Nifty too opened with a positive gap of 50-odd points at 8,230. The index after touching a low of 8,220, embarked on a north-bound journey. The index reclaimed its 8,300-level, and touched a high of 8,346. The Nifty eventually settled with a strong gain of 1.8 percent (150 points) at 8,332.
The India VIX (Volatility) index was up 0.5 percent at 17.31.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.