Apollo Munich Health Insurance, a standalone health insurer offering innovative health, accident and travel insurance solutions, deploys Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 to launch a health and wellness portal, https://www.myapollomunich.com to enhance the level of engagement with its customers. The portal will now enable customers to carry out their health and lifestyle assessments and manage medical reports on a single platform.
Apollo Munich had an interactive website with several testimonials from satisfied customers. But, the company wanted to deliver a personalized service that could enable its customers to manage their health goals. There was also a need to understand customers better based on which the company wanted to design and deliver targeted wellness plans to customers. Apollo Munich evaluated various portal technologies enabling ease of content management, ease of creating workflows, customization and out-of-the-box templates and widgets. Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 was the chosen technology as it was aligned with the companyâ€™s goals and offered a better total cost of ownership (TCO).
â€śWe offer end-to-end healthcare services through the Apollo ecosystem, which includes hospitals, pharmacies and insurance. We required a health and wellness management portal to meet our maximum customer needs. With the help of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010, Apollo Munich has enhanced its engagement with its customers by letting them track their health goals proactively and inform them on lifestyle management through content distribution,â€ť said Krishnan Ramachandran, COO, Apollo Munich Health Insurance.
The unique portal offers numerous advantages to the company and its stakeholders. It enables users to:
- Manage health goals: The portal offers a dashboard to its enterprise customers. Users can input their medical test reports and health goals such as weight, BP and cholesterol management and create personalized wellness plans. They can also access health articles, medical test reports, prescriptions, and even track appointments.
- Access wellness plans: The portal enables companies to keep a tab on the health of their workforce. The company can get an insight into the percentage of employees suffering from diabetes or obesity. Having visibility into these trends enables the company to roll out targeted wellness programs for its employees.
- Engage and interact more: Apollo Munich has currently launched this portal for a few corporate customers but it soon plans to give access to its retail customers too.
â€śApollo Munich has laid out a roadmap for the portal and plans to include additional capabilities like device integration and analytics. With the support of Microsoftâ€™s world-class technology, we aim to offer the Apollo ecosystem as a single product to the customer and be a one-stop shop for all health and wellness needs,â€ť Krishnan adds.
Ramkumar Pichai, GM - Microsoft Office Division, Microsoft India stated â€śWe are happy to welcome Apollo Munich Health Insurance to the large community of corporates across the globe benefiting from Microsoft SharePoint. The technology delivers capabilities that simplify user experience making it easy to share ideas and information, protect communications and information, and empower users while meeting their demands for greater business mobility.â€ť
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.