April 2013 Index Highlights:
• Index level rises five percent from a year ago in April
• Agro Based industries followed by Printing and Packaging sector pace all industries on the year. Production and Manufacturing; Oil/ Gas/ Petroleum, Power record double digit decline
• Demand among occupations up most for Customer Service followed by Arts/ Creative professionals
• Jaipur registers the strongest annual growth, Kolkata is the strongest annual gainer among major metro-markets
The Monster Employment Index India is a monthly gauge of online job posting activity based on a real-time review of millions of employer job opportunities culled from a large representative selection of career Web sites and online job listings across India. The Index does not reflect the trend of any one advertiser or source, but is an aggregate measure of the change in job listings across the industry.
“The Monster Employment Index India exhibits positive annual growth. Job opportunities have grown across all locations. Major industry sectors like BPO/ITES, Engineering & Construction, Education, Healthcare, Real Estate depict positive growth momentum ,” said Sanjay Modi, Managing Director, Monster.com (India/ Middle- East/ South East Asia).
Industry Year-over-year Trends: 22 of the 27 industry sectors monitored by the Monster Employment Index registered expansion in online recruitment activity between April’12 and April’13.
• Agro based industries sector (up 45 percent) followed by Printing/ Packaging sector (up 41 percent) exhibited the highest annual growth among sectors
• Advertising, Market Research, Public Relations (PR) sector (up 38 percent), showed positive growth in online recruitment activity between April’12 and April’13
• Production and Manufacturing and Oil/Gas/Petroleum, Power (down 11 percent) showed steepest annual decline
Occupation Year-over-year Trends:
Online demand improved in nine of 13 occupational groups monitored by the Monster Employment Index between April’12 and April’13.
• Customer Service (up 37 percent) followed by Arts/Creative (up 19 percent) charted the most substantial annual gains amongst the occupational groups
• Senior Management (down 46 percent) exhibited the steepest annual decline among occupation groups
Geographic year-over-year Trends:
Online recruitment activity was up on the year for all the 13 locations monitored by the index.
• Jaipur (up 34 percent) followed by Chandigarh (up 25 percent) led all cities in annual growth
• Among major metro-areas, Kolkata (up 14 percent) registered the highest annual growth
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.