Cabinet, in its meeting held on December 06, 2018, approved agriculture export policy with an aim to double farmers’ income. This policy is with a focus to benefit the farmers by providing export opportunities through a stable trade policy regime.
The objectives of Agriculture Export Policy are as follows:
• Double agricultural exports from ~US$30bn to ~US$60bn by 2022
• Promoting organic, traditional and non-traditional agricultural products exports
• Diversification of export basket, export destinations and value added agricultural products
• Double India’s share in world agricultural exports by integrating with global value chain
• Providing institutional mechanism for market access, tackling barriers and dealing with sanitary issues.
The cabinet will also remove restrictions on all organic and processed agricultural products to promote their exports. State clusters would be developed for various agricultural commodities. All these measures would ensure export opportunities thereby aiding towards doubling of farmers' income by 2022