The BSE benchmark index, the Sensex, opened marginally (23 points) in red at 28,159, and soon slipped to a low of 28,071 on the back of weak global cues. As the day progressed, the buying spread across sectors and the BSE Sensex marched to a high of 28,546 - up 476 points from the day's low. The Sensex finally ended with a gain of 323 points at 28,505 - its highest level since 16 April, 2015.
The NSE Nifty dipped below the 8,500-mark to touch a low of 8,499 in early morning deals. The NSE index, thereafter soared to a high of 8,644, before settling with a solid 104-point gain at 8,634.
The India VIX (Volatility) index was up 0.2 percent at 15.13.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.