High output and low prices may activate higher exports this season.
Andhra Government has announced a price support scheme of Rs 15 per kg to farmers w.e.f. from Thursday till June end as prices crash with cold storages overflowing. The farmers will get it for a maximum of 20 quintals (2000 kg’s).
Chilli prices witnessed a crash by 60% from a year earlier and are around Rs 35-55 kg.
Venkat Rosaiah, President, Guntur Chili Commission said – “The price support scheme may not be of much use to growers as over 70% of them have already sold their produce”
Welcoming the step, major bulk buyers like curry masala company Eastern Condiments who purchase around 20,000 tonnes yearly.
Disclaimer: The contents herein is specifically prepared by ‘Dalal Street Investment Journal’, and is for your information & personal consumption only. India Infoline Limited or Dalal Street Investment Journal do not guarantee the accuracy, correctness, completeness or reliability of information contained herein and shall not be held responsible.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.