85% of the respondents said they are in favor of the recent move and agreed that it would be instrumental in reducing black money and corruption in the Indian ecosystem.
Rohan Bhargava, Co-founder CashKaro.com commented, “We welcome Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s bold decision to phase out the circulation of Rs 500 and Rs 1000 bank notes as this will bring transparency and stronger accountability. The move has definitely given a boost to digital payments and has encouraged people to shop online more. Wallets like Paytm have seen significant growth. We have seen an increase in the number of people clicking through CashKaro and going to our partner sites to purchase daily essentials and consumables. One of the main reasons for this increase is that the Cashback that members earn from CashKaro is paid over and above applied discount coupons, bank & wallet offers. CashKaro Cashback is in the form of Real Cash and can be transferred to user’s Bank Account.”
- 78% agreed that they have started to shop online more since demonetisation and because of cash crunch.
Going Cashless is the new norm: 35% of the respondents have started using ‘Plastic Money’ even while shopping at local vendors for daily needs and consumables. Others prefer the below sites for buying groceries and daily items:
- Amazon.in - 25%
- BigBasket.com - 15%
- Flipkart - 7%
- Grofers.com - 7%
- Snapdeal - 5%
Paytm has become the undisputed leader when it comes to being the preferred payment wallet with 50% user share. Freecharge ranks second with 35% with Mobikwik, Citrus Pay and Oxigen follow thereafter.
Preferred payment method used after demonetization of Rs 500 & Rs 1000 notes when shopping online.
- Using Wallets like Paytm, Mobikwik etc. - 59%
- Net Banking - 23%
- Cash on Delivery (CoD) - via using Debit/Credit card - 18%
- Cash on Delivery (CoD) - via Cash - 1%
91% of the respondents agree that ‘Cashback offers’ by retailers, banks and sites like CashKaro.com are definitely helping them to ‘Save & Earn’ during this cash.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.