TomTom (TOM2), a global leader in traffic, released the first edition of its China Traffic Index, revealing that drivers are spending an average of nine working days a year stuck in traffic.
â€śRapid urbanisation has led to increased car sales across the country. Despite measures to reduce traffic congestion, such as limiting vehicle registration and building new roads, traffic continues to be a significant issueâ€ť, said Ralf-Peter SchĂ¤fer, Head of Traffic at TomTom. â€śBy empowering drivers with accurate traffic information, so they know exactly which roads are congested and the length of the delay, they can get where they want to be faster.â€ť
The top ten most congested cities in China, ranked by overall congestion level are:
The TomTom Traffic Index is a comprehensive measurement report of traffic congestion, comparing travel times of passenger vehicles in China during non-congested hours with travel times in peak hours. The Index measures both local roads and highways.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.