TomTom (TOM2), a global leader in traffic, released the first edition of its China Traffic Index, revealing that drivers are spending an average of nine working days a year stuck in traffic.
“Rapid urbanisation has led to increased car sales across the country. Despite measures to reduce traffic congestion, such as limiting vehicle registration and building new roads, traffic continues to be a significant issue”, said Ralf-Peter Schäfer, Head of Traffic at TomTom. “By empowering drivers with accurate traffic information, so they know exactly which roads are congested and the length of the delay, they can get where they want to be faster.”
The top ten most congested cities in China, ranked by overall congestion level are:
The TomTom Traffic Index is a comprehensive measurement report of traffic congestion, comparing travel times of passenger vehicles in China during non-congested hours with travel times in peak hours. The Index measures both local roads and highways.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.