The Economic Survey 2013-14, presented today in the Lok Sabha by the Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, has noted that the annual average exchange rate of the rupee went up from Rs. 47.92 per US dollar in 2011-12 to Rs. 54.41 per US dollar in 2012-13 and further to Rs 60.50 per US dollar in 2013-14.
The large depreciation of the rupee during the course of the year, notwithstanding sizeable accretion to reserves in 2013-14, could partly be attributed to frictional forces and partly to the role of expectations in the forex market.
The rupee has stabilized recently, reflecting an overall sense of confidence in the forex market as in other markets.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.